At this luncheon session, our speaker will present an overview of the existing methods for Exchange recovery followed by a discussion of new log file based replication methods for Exchange that promise to improve local recovery for Exchange and also Exchange disaster recovery.
Bob Spurzem has 20+ years experience in high technology product development and marketing and currently he is a Senior Product Marketing Manager with Mimosa Systems Inc. Having significant experience in data protection and email archiving, Bob brings a unique perspective on the challenges of managing Exchange. In prior positions Bob worked for Legato Systems and Veritas Software companies. Robert has an MBA from Santa Clara University and a Masters Degree in Biomedical Engineering from Northwestern University.
Mimosa's NearPoint for Microsoft Exchange offers complete Disaster Recovery and Backup/Recovery for the Microsoft Exchange environment.
The Mimosa NearPoint Disaster Recovery Option delivers the highest level of Exchange data protection and availability available to organizations of all sizes. The Mimosa NearPoint Disaster Recovery Option features:
- Full Exchange Service Recovery: During a full Exchange service recovery, it completely restores Exchange data, rebinds mailboxes and re-establishes Exchange services for fast, reliable email service restoration to end users.
- Application Intelligence: Recovery processes are performed with true application intelligence; preserving the consistency and integrity of Exchange data and ensuring a corruption-free copy of Exchange databases.
- Off-Host Architecture : The completely non-invasive solution requires no agents or kernel driver software that may cause instability or compete for CPU, memory and storage resources.
- Flexible Implementation: The solution fits easily into any existing disaster recovery strategy and allows Exchange and NearPoint servers to be located either locally or remotely depending on enterprise needs.
- Simplified Administration and Configuration: Wizard-based configuration simplifies installation and administration and provides pre-test configuration check reports and starts recoveries with just a single mouse click.